Wednesday, February 20, 2008

HERE'S RHODE ISLAND RED = TNX W8SU

Following i
s a note from Bob Ballantine, referring to his amateur radio experiences as a younger man in the Trenton area. Bob has been sending some really nice amateur radio memorabilia to me for on this site, (SEE THE ACCOMPANYING QSL CARD BELOW FROM "RHODE ISLAND RED," W2RIR. This website was established with the idea of touching on the fascinating past of central Jersey amateur radio, and the many friends we hams have had over the years.

THIS FROM BOB:



Tom, my friend Margie K2UTS told me of your great work on area history. I am spending a lot of time here and appreciate what you are doing. I love wireless and area radio history, Mr. Raser and Carl Dannerth & Bob Singer were hero's to me when I attended THS in the 50s. I am searching for a picture of Mr. Dannerth but as yet can't locate anything. I got my chance there in Trenton and joined the CG and eventually Ohio State Highway Patrol. I look back with appreciation to my amateur radio heritage in Trenton, Thanks. Bob - Warren, Ohio W8SU

No comments: